University Teaching Program (ISAC-UTP)
About the Program
The ISAC University Teaching Program (ISAC-UTP), in cooperation with over 40 universities in China, offers a life-changing experience for internationals to work in China’s higher education sector. Teachers are placed to Chinese universities as foreign experts based on their qualification and preference. You will be teaching your mother language to young adults between 18-23.
While teaching in a university is usually less paid than that in a high school or primary school, the experience you will have is enormous, especially when considering the hourly renumeration for university is higher. Plus it is a very great experience to show the university teaching experience in your C.V. for your career development.
Currently we are now looking for teachers for the Winter Term starting in Feb. 2019
- Teach English Speaking, Comprehensive English, Business English, etc.
- The teaching focuses on the relevant courses to a group of approximately 30-40 students for each class;
- assess students’ performance including papers, tests and exams.
- There are no or few office hours; you can manage your time by yourself
- Chinese university job has a lot of freedom
- The workload are from 12 to 16 hours per week
- plus an additional 1-2 hours of quiz session
- 8,000 – 12,000 per month
- Higher salary given to more experienced teachers with higher degree
- One year contract
- Fully paid winter vacation for 1 month
- Paid summer vacation (with some universities)
- Round-trip international flight tickets
- 2000-3000 RMB travel allowance
- Free private accomodation and canteen meals
- Work at a renowned university in China
- A great experience that adds to your C.V.
- The experience in the program will help you find your career at a top university in China (e.g. Fudan University)
You can only teach the language of your homeland;
Less than 60 years old due to the visa regulation of P.R.C
Bachelor degree or above
Higher degree holder will enjoy higher salary
Teaching certificate including TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or 2 year’s teaching experience